Couple months ago, if somebody would ask me if I read the books my reply would be something like this: "I actually do not, last things I read were Ariel when I was 8 (because it had many pictures in it) and then White puma from "I don't remember" author when I was 14 years old."
While answering the question this way, I at the same time I was fully aware of advantages of reading - gives you better imagination, puts you in front of opinions of other people-authors, can give you drive to some of your actions in the life, can improve the language skills of yours, etc. I was also admiring people who is regularly reading.
In spite of all that, I simply didn't find the time for reading - I would rather watch the movie or do something where I can "move my body" rather than just sitting and reading. We all know that "Life is about setting the priorities", so I decided to set one for me - start reading the books! :) In last two and half months, I managed to read 8 books so I decided to post here a short manual how to do it.
Starting with the books for adults :)
1) Make sure you know the benefits of reading for you
2) Research the books, talk to the people who reads the books and ask them for the best books they've ever read
3) Make your own list of books that fits your current interests, hobbies or could have an answer for your "life questions"
4) Invest! Buy at least 10-15 new books - it puts you into position of reading something you payed for already :)
5) Start with something short, easy and meaningful - I personally started with the book I read in 15 minutes (The man who planted trees from Jean Giono)
6) Talk to people about your reading experience, share your learning and thoughts
7) Give your books to your friends to read, don't keep it for yourself!
This step by step manual is based on my personal experience. If you want to read the books but didn't start yet, then you are free to use this manual.
P.S. Thanks to all people that inspired me to read the books! ;)